Providing fast, friendly and comfortable 45-minute passenger and light freight service between beautiful Seldovia and Homer, Alaska.
Planning a trip to Seldovia? Check out youotterbehere.com for information on lodging and more! Booking in Advance Encouraged!
2018 season runs Thursday, May 24th, and ends Sunday, September 16th.
Now running 6 days a week (closed Wednesdays) all summer long, and 7 days a week during the month of July!
|Departs Seldovia||Departs Homer (Ramp 7/JJ Dock)||Departs Seldovia||Departs Homer (Ramp 7/JJ Dock)|
|Sunday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Monday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
PLEASE NOTE: There will be special sailing times during extreme low tides. Other sailing times are not affected.
- Saturday, the 11th – Depart Seldovia @ 9:15 a.m., depart Homer @ 11:00 a.m.
- Sunday, the 12th – Depart Seldovia @ 10:45 a.m., depart Homer @ 11:45 a.m. (no 11:00 a.m. departure)
- Monday, the 13th – Depart Seldovia @ 8:00 a.m., depart Homer @ 9:00 a.m. (no 11:00 a.m. departure)
Reservations are preferred, though NOT required (except for travel on July 4th). Please plan on arriving at least 30 minutes prior to departure to purchase your tickets (or 45 minutes if transporting freight).
You have three options to purchase tickets:
- Reserve and purchase tickets online* using the links on this page.
- In Homer, tickets may be purchased at the top of Ramp 7 (See “Location & Maps” page) during ticketing office hours.
- In Seldovia, tickets may be purchased at the Seldovia Visitor’s Center.
A limited number of tickets will be available on board the ferry in the Seldovia boat harbor (M/V Kachemak Voyager) 30 minutes prior to departure.
*additional fees apply
The following prices are one-way and do not include applicable taxes:
- Children aged 2 and under ride free!
- Children aged 3 to 13 – $25.00
- Adults aged 14 to 64 – $40.00
- Elders aged 65 and over – $30.00
Additional pricing (one-way, does not include tax):
- Pet – $10.00
- Bicycle – $15.00
- Kayak – $25.00
- Freight – $7.00 per piece (first piece free per passenger). “Freight” is anything judged to be more than a simple carry-on handbag or personal backpack. For example: a suitcase, duffel bag, freight box, or box of groceries. Smaller items may be reasonably grouped together to form one “piece.” See Luggage & Freight Policy
- Unaccompanied Freight – $15.00 per piece
7.5% – Kenai Peninsula Borough
$1.00 per passenger (ages 12 and over) – Seldovia Harbor Use (Homer to Seldovia only)
Reservations ARE required for July 4th due to the high number of day travelers joining in the festivities in Seldovia. Even if you are only traveling one-way on July 4th, please be sure to book online, or contact the ticketing office to pre-pay and reserve your space.
The July 4th schedule is as follows:
- Departs Seldovia at 7:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
- Departs Homer at 9:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Special July 4th round-trip pricing is valid for travel on July 4th ONLY and is non-refundable. Prices (excluding tax) are:
- Infants to age 2 ride free
- Kids aged 3 to 13 are $40
- Adults aged 14 to 64 are $70
- Seniors aged 65 and over are $50