Providing fast, friendly and comfortable 45-minute passenger and light freight service between beautiful Seldovia and Homer, Alaska.
Planning a trip to Seldovia? Check out youotterbehere.com for information on lodging and more! Booking in Advance Encouraged!
The ferry is now closed for 2018. We will re-open for the 2019 season on Thursday, May 23rd and run through to Sunday, September 15th.
|Departs Seldovia||Departs Homer (Ramp 7/JJ Dock)||Departs Seldovia||Departs Homer (Ramp 7/JJ Dock)|
|Sunday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Monday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
Pre-purchase your tickets online* (use links on this page), or plan on arriving at least 30 minutes prior to departure to purchase your tickets (45 minutes if transporting freight). Tickets are sold on a first-come first-served basis and availability can not be guaranteed if reservations have not been made.
You have three options to purchase tickets:
- Reserve and purchase tickets online* using the links on this page.
- In Homer, tickets may be purchased at the top of Ramp 7 (See “Location & Maps” page) during ticketing office hours.
- In Seldovia, tickets may be purchased at the Seldovia Visitor’s Center.
*additional fees apply
The following prices are one-way and do not include applicable taxes:
- Children aged 2 and under ride free!
- Children aged 3 to 13 – $25.00
- Adults aged 14 to 64 – $40.00
- Elders aged 65 and over – $30.00
Additional pricing (one-way, does not include tax):
- Pet – $10.00
- Bicycle – $15.00
- Kayak – $25.00
- Freight – $7.00 per piece (first piece free per passenger). “Freight” is anything judged to be more than a simple carry-on handbag or personal backpack. For example: a suitcase, duffel bag, freight box, or box of groceries. Smaller items may be reasonably grouped together to form one “piece.” See Luggage & Freight Policy
- Unaccompanied Freight – $15.00 per piece
7.5% – Kenai Peninsula Borough
$1.00 per passenger (ages 12 and over) – Seldovia Harbor Use (Homer to Seldovia only)
Reservations are required for July 4th due to the high number of day travelers joining in the festivities in Seldovia. Even if you are only traveling one-way on July 4th, please be sure to book online, or contact the ticketing office to pre-pay and reserve your space.
The July 4th schedule is as follows:
- Departs Seldovia at 7:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
- Departs Homer at 9:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Special July 4th round-trip pricing is valid for travel on July 4th ONLY and is non-refundable. Prices (excluding tax) are:
- Infants to age 2 ride free
- Kids aged 3 to 13 are $40
- Adults aged 14 to 64 are $70
- Seniors aged 65 and over are $50