Providing fast, friendly and comfortable 45-minute passenger and light freight service between beautiful Seldovia and Homer, Alaska.
The Seldovia Bay Ferry is closed for the winter.
2017 season begins Thursday, May 25th. We look forward to seeing you!
Planning a trip to Seldovia this summer? Check out youotterbehere.com for information on lodging and more!
2017 season begins Thursday, May 25th and ends Tuesday, September 5th.
|Departs Seldovia||Departs Homer (Ramp 7/JJ Dock)||Departs Seldovia||Departs Homer (Ramp 7/JJ Dock)|
|Sunday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Monday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
*Extra travel dates to accommodate summer holidays include: May 30, July 4 & 5, September 5.
Reservations are NOT required (except for travel on July 4th). Please plan on arriving at least 30 minutes prior to departure to purchase your tickets (or 45 minutes if transporting freight).
In Homer, tickets may be purchased at the top of Ramp 7 (See “Location & Maps” page). In Seldovia, tickets may be purchased on board the ferry in the Seldovia boat harbor (M/V Kachemak Voyager).
The following prices are one-way and do not include applicable taxes:
- Children aged 2 and under ride free!
- Children aged 3 to 13 – $25.00
- Adults aged 14 to 59 – $40.00
- Elders aged 60 and over – $30.00
Additional pricing (one-way, does not include tax):
- Pet – $10.00
- Bicycle – $15.00
- Kayak – $25.00
- Freight – $7.00 per piece (first piece free per passenger). “Freight” is anything judged to be more than a simple carry-on handbag or personal backpack. For example: a suitcase, duffle bag, freight box, or box of groceries. Smaller items may be reasonably grouped together to form one “piece.” See Luggage & Freight Policy
7.5% – Kenai Peninsula Borough
$1.00 per passenger (ages 12 and over) – Seldovia Harbor Use (Homer to Seldovia only)
A flyer for the July 4th schedule and pricing is posted separately during the month of June. Please note that reservations ARE required for 4th of July travel due to the high number of travelers going to Seldovia for the festivities.