Passenger Items on Board the Ferry
- What is the Mission of the Seldovia Bay Ferry?
The mission of the M/V Kachemak Voyager is to provide social and economic benefit to Seldovia and the Kachemak Bay region through the operation of a passenger and light freight ferry service home ported in Seldovia, AK.
- What is the name of the ferry?
The ferry is named Kachemak Voyager.
- How large is the ferry?
The ferry is 83 feet long and 29 feet wide.
- How many SBF ferries will serve the route?
One ferry, the Kachemak Voyager, serves the Homer/Seldovia route.
- How many passengers can the ferry carry?
The ferry is certified to carry a maximum of 150 passengers with ample interior and exterior seating.
- Is there reserved seating on the ferry?
No, there is no reserved seating on the ferry.
- What is the operating speed of the ferry?
The operating speed of the ferry is 25 knots full loaded which is 28.8 MPH.
- Who inspects and certifies the ferry?
The ferry is inspected and certified by the United States Coast Guard.
- Where was the ferry manufactured?
All American Marine, located in Bellingham, Washington manufactured the M/V Kachemak Voyager in the United States.
- Can the ferry accommodate passengers with special needs?
Yes, reasonable accommodations can be made for passengers with special needs. Contact the SBF ticket office for additional information (907) 435-3299.
- Are Children allowed to travel on the ferry without adult supervision?
Unaccompanied minors must have a signed letter from a parent or guardian assuming full responsibility for the child’s travel. Contact the SBF ticket office for additional information. (907) 435-3299
- Is there food service on the ferry? What amenities are offered?
Yes, there is food service. Coffee, tea, soft drinks, water and other beverages are available.
- Are there restrooms on the ferry?
Yes, the ferry is equipped with two restrooms on the main deck.
- Is WiFi access available for laptop users?
No, there is no WiFi service on the ferry.
- Can laptop computers be charged on board?
The ferry has limited A/C receptacles on board. Access to these is determined by one’s seat location on the ferry.
- Can I use my cell phone on the ferry?
During most portions of the trip a cell phone signal will be available – depending on your cell phone carrier.
- Is smoking allowed on the ferry?
No. Both the vessel and terminal are non-smoking areas.
- Is alcohol allowed on the ferry?
Personal-use alcohol may be transported with luggage on the ferry; however, alcohol may not be consumed on the ferry.
- Where does the ferry dock at night?
The ferry is based out of Seldovia and spends the night there.
- What docks are being used?
In Homer dedicated facilities are constructed to serve the unique passenger and freight features of the ferry, aka Ramp 7. In Seldovia we are using the City of Seldovia’s Harbor. We dock on the main float that serves the larger vessels.
- In Homer, where is the Seldovia Bay Ferry Terminal?
In Homer, the SBF Ticket Office is on the Homer Spit. Follow the Homer Spit Road until you reach the boat harbor, turn left on to Freight Dock Road. Follow the road around to the other side of the harbor where Ramps 6, 7 and 8, and the deep water dock are located. The Seldovia Bay Ferry terminal is the top of Ramp 7, just past the Harbormaster’s office.
- Is there parking available at Ramp 7? Both ferry and harbor parking availability is limited at the top of Ramp 7, though there is additional parking available at Ramps 6 and 8. Parking is free; however, there is a 7-day parking limit enforced by the Harbormaster’s Office. For long term parking beyond 7-days, please contact the Harbormaster’s Office at (907) 235-3160 for a parking pass. Parking within the ferry lot is not subject to the 7-day limit; however, spaces are limited.
- In Seldovia, where do I purchase ferry tickets?
In Seldovia, tickets can be purchased on board the Kachemak Voyager.
- Is there parking at the Seldovia Bay Ferry terminal in Seldovia?
There is a good amount of free parking spaces available at the Seldovia harbor.
Passenger Items on Board the Ferry
- What can I bring on the ferry?
The following types of items can be carried onboard the ferry. (All items are subject to
- Personal Items – Such as purses, laptops, brief cases, camera cases, small backpacks carried on by passengers.
- Luggage – Luggage that is carried on board by the passengers.
- Sports Gear – Such as bicycles and kayaks that are carried on board by the passengers.
- Light Freight
- Passengers are responsible for carrying their own luggage/freight to and from the ferry. Passengers requiring assistance with boarding and/or disembarking the ferry should seek assistance from a crew member when boarding begins.
- Ferry crew cannot carry or assist with luggage or freight that exceeds 50 pounds (22kg) or 3 feet (1 cubic meter) in size.
- Luggage and freight is to be carried on by the passenger and stowed in the luggage area as directed by the crew.
- All luggage and freight is to be stowed in accordance with the crew’s directions and should not restrict access to safety equipment or block aisles or emergency exits.
- SBF cannot store any luggage or freight at any time either at the Homer terminal, on the ferry, or in Seldovia.
- SBF takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage in the Homer terminal, on the ferry, or in Seldovia.
- SBF reserves the right to refuse to transport luggage or freight that may pose a safety risk to the vessel, passengers or crew, or that may disrupt passenger comfort.
- Are there restrictions on what I can carry on the ferry?
- Passengers may carry on one (1) personal item (handbag, small backpack) and one (1) larger item such as a suitcase, duffel, box or cooler free of charge. Total weight may not exceed 50 pounds and must be transported to the ferry in one trip by the passenger.
- Carry-on items exceeding the above is considered “freight” and will be at a cost of $7.00 per piece. A “piece” is defined as the equivalent of a 3-foot (1 cubic meter) box weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- SBF provides transportation for passengers and light freight only. “Light” freight is defined as an object that can be carried by one person on/off the vessel, so excludes items such as furniture, large appliances, etc.
- SBF may not provide transportation for commercially caught/harvested products.
- Special freight handling requests may be submitted in writing via email to Vanessa@nullsvt.org, or call (907) 435-3217. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Can I keep my carry-on items with me at my seat on the ferry?
For safety reasons, only small personal items (such as purses, lap-tops, brief cases, camera cases, small back-packs) may stay with passengers onboard the ferry. All other items must be stored in the secure luggage room for the ferry trip. The luggage room is located at the back of the ferry on the main deck.
- What if I cannot physically carry my items on?
If you are unable to safely carry your luggage, you may request crew assistance; however, luggage may not exceed the limitations outlined in #27 above.
- Can strollers be taken onboard the ferry?
Yes, strollers are accommodated on the ferry and there is no additional fee.
- Can I bring my bike?
Yes, there are facilities for bicycle storage on the top deck of the ferry. Passengers must be able to handle their own bicycles (crew members do not assist with the loading and unloading of bicycles). [Cost for a bicycle is $15.00 one way]
- Can I transport a kayak?
Yes, kayaks can be carried on the top deck of the ferry. Passengers must be able to handle their own kayaks (crew members do not assist with the loading and unloading of kayaks). [Cost for kayaks is $25.00 one way]
- How much does it cost to transport boxes and luggage?
The first box/luggage is free. Additional boxes are $7 each. For items that do not fit the description of box/luggage, the cost is $0.10 per estimated lb. with a minimum $7 charge.
- Can I take my dog on board?
Yes, dogs are allowed on board. All dogs must be leashed. Large dogs must be kept on the upper back deck accompanied by their owner. If needed, there are a limited number of crates available for use if owners do not want to sit outside with their dog. Very small dogs can be held by their owners inside the vessel, but may not be put on the floor. Excessive barking will require that your dog be muzzled for the duration of the trip. Muzzles are available from the crew. Passengers are expected to clean up after their pet.
- What if I do not have a pet carrier?
A limited number of pet carriers are available to use on the ferry.
- What if I want to transport another type of animal?
All animals (other than where outlined in #36 above) must be transported in approved (commercial) pet carriers.
- What if I have a certified service dog?
Certified service animals are not required to be in a pet carrier and can accompany their owner free of charge.
- Can I transport firearms on the ferry?
All firearms MUST be surrendered to the Captain or their designee and must be in a locked commercial gun case. Firearms must be unloaded and ammunition must be transported in a separate bag. Firearms are NOT allowed as a carry on, or stowed in carry-on luggage. [Hard gun cases are available on a first come basis.]
- Can I transport hazardous materials on the ferry?
A hazardous material is any item or agent (biological, chemical, physical) which has the potential to cause harm to humans, animals, or the environment, either by itself or through interaction with other factors. Under no circumstance may any hazardous materials be brought onto the ferry as, or within, carry-on or checked luggage items. Hazardous materials are considered by SBF on a case-by-case basis and when carried, are only transported as light freight. Please call the SBF ticket office with specific requests. (907) 435-3299.
- Can I send freight without making the trip with it?
Yes, light freight items can be shipped unaccompanied (see #27 above). You must be present dockside to receive that freight. Seldovia Bay Ferry does not have storage for freight that arrives unaccompanied. For current rates and restrictions on freight, please contact the SBF ticket office. 907-435-3299
- What time should I arrive at the terminal?
One should plan on arriving at the terminal 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. If you need to purchase tickets, check luggage and freight please plan to arrive 45 minutes prior to the sailing time to allow enough time to process paperwork and load.
- Can you ride the ferry roundtrip?
Yes, all passengers will be asked to disembark upon arrival to their destination so that the crew can clean and prepare the ferry for the next trip. Passengers will line up and re-board the vessel on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, SBF accepts all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
- Where can tickets be purchased?
Tickets can be purchased online, at the terminal in Homer, or on board the Kachemak Voyager in Seldovia.
- How long are tickets good for?
Tickets are valid for the summer season in which they were purchased.
- What are some of the environmental aspects of the vessel?
First, the ferry uses highly-efficient, low-emission diesel engines. These engines meet stringent “Tier-2” emission standards established by the Environmental Protection Agency. Next, the vessel has a low resistance catamaran hull that requires less power to move through the water. Also, the specially designed aluminum hulls produce a very low wake. The low energy wake has less impact on the shoreline and beaches. Energy efficient lighting is also used throughout the vessel.